As the weather warms up, avid golfers hit the links on any day above 50 degrees. Golf leagues kick off and the fairways turn emerald green. It’s a magical time for golf course communities in Carmel.
Now, I’m not a golfer, but I love Carmel homes on a golf course—from a real estate perspective. I recently learned that only 25% of people that buy a home in a golf course community actually become members of their home club.
Here are 5 reasons to buy a home on a golf course:
- Green vistas. Buyers today are very lot sensitive; meaning that where their home sits is as important as the home itself. Carmel golf courses are meticulously manicured, offering green vistas and sweeping views.
- More privacy. Instead of looking into neighbors’ rear windows, a home on the golf course scores views of emerald green links. Carmel homes on a golf course typically have significant setbacks from the actual course, which means that homes on the other side of the course do as well.
- Attainable values. Many golf course homes are still rebounding from the economic and housing downturn, allowing those interested in golf course homes to get more for their money. This is true for those interested in building a custom home on Carmel golf course. Land prices are on the rise but haven’t reached their peak prices of the early 2000’s.
- Social community. For buyers seeking a sense of community in their next move, a home on a golf course is a great choice. As mentioned above, the majority of residents in a golf course community don’t actually golf. However, Carmel community clubhouses features restaurants, bars, planned events for the families and many other ways to connect with neighbors.
- Healthier amenities. The clubhouse provides a gym right within your community and many clubs have spa services as well. Group fitness classes like yoga can be found in clubs along with nutritionists. Living in a Carmel golf course community can bring health and wellness to your front door.
You may even gather a nice golf ball collection from rogue drives from the course. Stray balls are a hazard of living on a golf course, which is why it is important to choose a home that is positioned properly on the course. Courses are masterfully planned, so the risk of losing a window isn’t great even though it should be considered.
Interested in a Carmel golf course community? View Carmel homes for sale on a golf course here.