Great job, Carmel! CNN’s Money magazine recently listed Carmel, Ind., the best small city to live in the U.S.! Now the rest of the country knows what we in Central Indiana have known for some time. Even though I don’t personally live in Carmel, my office is located in this upscale town filled with great lunchtime eateries and shops–perfect for when I need a mid-day break from the office. The Indy Homes Team also works with many clients looking to move to or within Carmel, so we know this area well!
Here are my top reasons for choosing to live in Carmel:
- Variety of homes in all price points: Whether you’re looking for a starter home or a deluxe mansion priced into the millions of dollars, Carmel has a wide variety of housing. You’ll find charming rehabbed cottages in the Arts & Design District, spacious townhouses along the Monon Trail, golf course views, and a wide variety of well-planned, upscale subdivisions throughout the city. View all Carmel homes for sale!
- Schools: Hands down, Carmel has one of the best public school systems in the state of Indiana, making it ideal for families who value a great education. Additionally, private school opportunities abound in Carmel. Families have top private, faith-based and public school options for all ages.
- Amenities: With the Monon Trail, the Monon Community Center, bike lanes galore, plenty of high-end shopping and restaurant options and an easy commute to downtown Indianapolis, Carmel has a lot to offer for those who work and play.
- Low crime: Day or night, Carmel is a safe place to live, work or play. Carmel’s crime rate is one-sixth of the state of Indiana, making it one of the safest communities in this fine state. And, if you ever have a problem, the police, 9-1-1 service, and early responders are top-notch!
- Quality of health care: Two of Indiana’s top hospitals are located in Carmel. Indiana University Health North and St. Vincent Carmel are both full-service hospitals offering emergency care, private maternity suites, surgery services and outpatient services. Additionally, a specialty heart hospital, many urgent care facilities, and several ambulatory centers are located in Carmel. Much needed mental health practices abound in Carmel, including Pro-Med, featuring renowned psychologist, Greg Sipes. A myriad of naturopaths including massage therapists, acupuncturists, and chiropractors are also located in Carmel (Total Health is our favorite).
- Culture: The beautiful Center for the Performing Arts, a Carmel centerpiece, offers a variety of concerts and other events throughout the year. And located in the heart of Old Town Carmel, the Arts & Design District is home to many art galleries and showrooms. Don’t miss the gallery walks filled with food, music and art.
- The roundabouts: Carmel’s roundabouts, which reduce traffic congestion, provide a smooth commute through town, and save money have been held up as a model for city traffic planning. Carmel has even received national press regarding their roundabouts. Check out Anderson Cooper’s CNN report. The Indianapolis Star positively delights in the efficiency of Carmel’s roundabouts.
- Carmel City Center: This is my favorite Carmel location with up-market townhouses, The Indiana Design Center, The Palladium, and my favorite eateries, Eggshell Bistro and Divvy. And, don’t miss The Bike Line bike shop, whose staff are so nice and helpful. And, just a short walk away is the uber-fab Carmel Farmer’s Market, a Saturday morning treat!
There are so many more niche places to rave about in Carmel. My recommendation is to give Carmel a shot if you have never visited. And, if you are planning a move, consider this award-winning city for your next destination. Let me know your experiences of Carmel!
many are combinations and variations on the same theme
burberry schal Sample Objectives On A Retail Professional or Fashion Resume
woolrich parkaKooba handbags are geared towards women of all ages