For many, Indianapolis is the largest city they’ve ever lived in. No problem! Indianapolis is a friendly city—filled with many fun opportunities to network professionally, meet people and make friends.
Get involved and make new friends
Looking for fun in Indianapolis? Want to take up a sport or hobby? Indianapolis has many ways for you to get out, get involved and meet interesting people!
Here are a few ideas:
- Want to stay fit while making new friends? Try any of the Indianapolis YMCAs or the 65,000 square foot NIFS Fitness Center on the IUPUI campus.
- Need to nurture your creative side? Begin work on your great American novel at the Writers’ Center of Indiana, or create a masterpiece at the Indianapolis Art Center.
- Love the great outdoors? Check out the Eagle Creek Sailing Club or the Indianapolis Hiking Club.
- Sing your heart out with the Indianapolis Men’s Chorus or the Encore Vocal Arts.
- Want to help in the community? The Knights of Columbus, the Indianapolis Ambassadors and the Kiwanis clubs of Indianapolis are only a few of the groups that get involved.
- Interested in energizing Indy? Community-minded young professionals work to do just that through IndyHub.
- Get out with your furry friend to meet new dogs and their people at one of Indy’s dog parks.
- Looking for support and friendship from other moms or dads? Check out a local mommy or dads group.
- Have a distinctive hobby you’d like to explore with like-minded enthusiasts? Check Meetup for groups in Indy who practice their French-speaking skills, scuba dive, play board games, knit, and more!
Fun for the kids:
- Go to the Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Conner Prairie and public libraries to find programs just for kids!
- Or pick from a long list of activities at the YMCA and Civic Theatre.
- And of course, the world’s largest Children’s Museum offers all kinds of organized fun.
No matter what fun you’re looking for, find it all in Indianapolis!