Do you love shopping? Check out Indianapolis’ mix of big-time retailers and small, independent shops.
- We’ve got malls. There’s Circle Centre Mall downtown, the upscale Fashion Mall and Castleton Square on the north side, Greenwood Park Mall on the south side, Metropolis in Plainfield and Clay Terrace in Carmel.
- Prefer retro or trendy looks? Try one of the eclectic boutiques in Broad Ripple or on Mass Ave.
- Fountain Square specializes in all things retro—from clothing to furniture to records to collectibles.
- Housed in an old warehouse, Midland Art and Antiques Market is three floors of antique hunting bliss.
Indianapolis restaurants and dining
If you’d rather leave the cooking to the chef, it’s not hard to find your favorite food. Check out these options:
- With everything from the traditional to eclectic, you can indulge your taste buds with burgers at The Working Man’s Friend, steak and the famous shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo’s, Italian at Mama Carolla’s, not to mention Indian, Japanese, Thai, Mongolian, Ethiopian, French, Mexican and much more.
- Searching for a pizza that’s far from ordinary? Try Bazbeaux or Jockomo Upper Crust Pizza.
- Indulge in the Batali, named one of the country’s best 10 sandwiches by Bon Appetit, at Goose The Market.
- Enjoy a yummy brunch every weekend at favorites Eggshell Bistro, Zest, Café Patachou and Taste Café.
- Sample the best German food and beers while enjoying fun live bands at the Rathskeller’s Kellerbar and biergarten.
- Dining al fresco? Try the Corner Wine Bar. Or head to Beef & Boards for a show during your meal.
- Twice a year, Devour Downtown offers one of the best ways to sample all of downtown’s great restaurants at a great price. Not to be missed!
- Sushi fan looking for that oh-so-hot-spot? Kristie’s personal favorite place is Bu Da Lounge with its Asian-infused cocktails, sushi roles like candy (our favorite is the super spider samba), and entertainment that does not disappoint.
We’ve listed just a few of our faves here. Check out MetroMix for a more comprehensive guide to Indianapolis’ restaurants and dining options.
Indianapolis entertainment and nightlife
End a day of shopping and dining with a night on the town! From comedy clubs to karaoke to brewpubs to dancing to cigar bars, Indy has it all!
- Take in a show at Cracker’s Comedy Club and leave with your side aching from laughter.
- At Indy Cigar Bar, enjoy the fully stocked humidor featuring Davidoff cigars, bourbon, single malt scotch, fine wine/ports and the only Diamond Crown cigar lounge in Indianapolis.
- Dance the night away at The Vogue, Pulse, or Subterra.
- Get your sushi fix and sip your favorite martini, served up by the excellent mixologists at Blu Martini.
- Cheer on Indy’s home teams at Champps, Moe & Johnny’s or Scotty’s.
- See your favorite national acts at Klipsch Music Center or Banker’s Life Fieldhouse.
- You can even satisfy your gambling urge at the Hollywood Casino and Hotel in nearby Lawrenceburg, IN.
There’s so much more to do! Check out MetroMix for a more comprehensive guide to Indianapolis’ bars and clubs.